TJ advises airports across the country on airline rate and charges, including negotiated agreements, rates by ordinances and DOT “rocket docket” litigation. TJ also advises airports on a variety of federal aviation compliance matters, including “revenue diversion” and AIP grant assurance compliance. He has led numerous airport investigations of and responses to adverse audit findings by the FAA and OIG of the Departments of Transportation and Homeland Security.
TJ also represents clients on environmental issues, including federal and state regulatory compliance, the siting and permitting of complex energy infrastructure projects, and litigation surrounding project development.
In addition, TJ has over a decade of consulting experience advising state governments, utilities and the natural gas industry on federal, regional and state air quality, renewable energy and climate change policies.
Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars
U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
Boston University School of Law, J.D. magna cum laude
Boston University, B.A. summa cum laude
Phi Beta Kappa
- Negotiated a favorable settlement for a major airport in an FAA enforcement action over the use of airport revenue for marketing.
- Successfully defended two major airports in Part 16 litigation brought by fixed-based operators over federal grant assurance compliance.
- Advise major electric utilities and energy generation companies on proposed energy and environmental legislation and regulations.
- Advised the Northeast’s first deepwater LNG port’s developer in its successful effort to obtain key air and water quality permits.
- Drafted comments for a natural gas industry group on the U.S. EPA’s method for developing the national greenhouse gas inventory.
- Represented a multinational renewable energy company seeking renewable energy credits.