David litigates complex matters and offers environmental and land use counseling to clients in diverse industries. He assists with environmental due diligence for real estate and corporate transactions and helps secure permits and approvals for industrial facilities and brownfields developers. He advises permit applicants on the preparation of environmental review documents and litigates when permits are challenged.
David also has experience litigating and settling a wide variety of employment law matters, including wage-and-hour class actions, single-plaintiff claims, and OSHA enforcement proceedings.
Before joining Anderson & Kreiger, David worked in the San Francisco office of a large international law firm. During law school, David interned with the Boston office of the Environmental Protection Agency and a judge on the Southern District of New York. David previously worked as a legislative aide to a member of Congress.
Bar Association of San Francisco, Justice & Diversity Committee, 2016 Outstanding Volunteer
U.S. District Courts for the Central, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of California
Yale University, B.A. 2008
Columbia Law School, J.D. 2014, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
Columbia Journal of Environmental Law, Editor-in-Chief, 2013-14
- Defended land use entitlements and environmental review documents for mixed-use, in-fill developments in Los Angeles, including expedited litigation under recent amendments to the California Environmental Quality Act.
- Investigated a workplace fatality and provided counsel related to state occupational safety proceedings for a national power plant operator.
- Counseled national developer on environmental review documents and discharge permits related to a seven million square foot mixed-use development on a landfill.
- Represented energy generators in California Public Utilities Commission rulemakings and contract negotiations.
- Advised client on potential financial liability and cleanup obligations associated with a former weapons-testing facility.
- Drafted dispositive pre-trial motions for a national retailer in wage-and-hour class actions.
"NEGPA v. DEP: The SJC Upholds the Commonwealth's Climate Change Mitigation Program" Boston Bar Journal, March 18,2019
David recently relocated from California with his wife, Lynn, a research scientist and native New Englander. They enjoy traveling, hiking, and cooking together, and they appreciate that the sailing winds of the Charles River are calmer than on San Francisco Bay.
In his pro bono practice, David has advised several individuals in immigration proceedings and disputes over public benefits. David also has advised community organizations on non-profit corporate and tax matters and environmental and land use regulations.