Peter helps clients with general commercial litigation in courts and in arbitration involving securities, real estate, disputes regarding rights of minority shareholders in closely held corporations and public and private construction projects. Peter was a partner for 37 years at Palmer & Dodge and then Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge.
U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
Harvard Law School, LL.B.
Yale University, BA
- Handled class action litigation involving life insurance sales practices and various securitization transactions.
- Litigated complex disputes involving family members, family businesses, trust instruments and valuation of business and trust assets.
- Represented clients in litigation involving rights of minority shareholders in closely held corporations and misappropriation of corporate opportunities.
- Represented publicly held companies in class actions under the federal securities laws, as well as brokerage firms in securities disputes both in the courts and before arbitration panels.
- Represented public and private owners in construction litigation and arbitration. Claims arose from the construction of a dam, urban shopping mall, hotel, convention center, underground parking garage, heavy rail transportation system, tunnels, biology laboratories, and a waste-to-energy and co-generation facilities.