Corporations that need to utilize and understand their insurance policies rely on Sara’s industry knowledge and expertise in understanding insurance policies and their limitations. Her practice includes insurance coverage issues, complex commercial disputes, and appeals. She has litigated insurance coverage and bad faith matters on behalf of both insurers and policyholders and advises insureds and insurers on claims and coverage positions. She has also represented clients in the public sector and venture capital, private equity, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and financial services industries on litigation matters. She is a co-chair of the Boston Bar Association’s Insurance and Reinsurance subcommittee, organizing programs for local attorneys on emerging aspects of insurance law.
Sara joined the firm in 2019. She previously worked at a large international law firm. She maintains an active pro bono practice, representing indigent clients in family law matters, and serves as a citywide co-chair of Greater Boston Legal Services’ Associates’ Fundraising Drive.
- Honorable Fernande R.V. Duffly, Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts
- Massachusetts, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 2017
- Northeastern University School of Law, JD, 2012
- Brown University, AB (Public Policy and American Institutions), 2006; Executive Editor, Brown Daily Herald
- Assisted publishing client with substantial recovery against insurer at pre-suit mediation in coverage action.
- Defended healthcare institution and it's captive insurance company against claim of bad faith settlement practices.
- Assisted national company with analysis of insurance policies and determination of availability of coverage for major fire loss.
- Secured policy-limits settlement for client at mediation in professional liability action.
- Won dismissal of an action against local institution under Massachusetts environmental protection laws.
- Arbitrated insurer’s coverage dispute with healthcare company, which sought coverage for antitrust settlement.
- Advised insurer on errors and omissions coverage dispute with health insurance plan for underlying suits related to improper rescission of individual health insurance policies.
- Presenter, COVID-19 Insurance Claims, Boston Bar Association Webinar, April 2020
- Panelist, Insurance Consent to Settle Hammer Clauses: Dangers for Insureds and Exposure for Insurers, Strafford Webinar, April 2020
- Moderator, Viva la Consent-to-Settle Clause: Takeaways from Rawan for Insurers, Plaintiffs’ Attorneys, and Anyone with Professional Malpractice Insurance, Boston Bar Association, February 2020
Sara lives in Westwood with her husband and daughter. She loves cheesy ‘90s movies and baking with her 3-year-old daughter.
Before applying to law school, Sara worked as a newspaper journalist in South Texas. During law school, she interned with the Boston enforcement division of the Securities and Exchange Commission, assisting with investigations and discovery, and served as a student prosecutor with the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office in Boston.