Sara is an associate in the firm’s Insurance and Litigation groups. Her practice includes insurance coverage issues, complex commercial disputes, and appeals. She has litigated insurance coverage and bad faith matters, and advises insureds and insurers on coverage positions. She has also represented clients in the private equity, biotechnology, and financial services industries on litigation matters.
Sara joined the firm in 2019. She previously worked at a large international law firm. She maintains an active pro bono practice, representing indigent clients in divorce, child support, guardianship, and restraining order matters.
- Honorable Fernande R.V. Duffly, Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts
- Massachusetts, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 2017
- Northeastern University School of Law, 2012
- Brown University, AB (Public Policy and American Institutions), 2006; Executive Editor, Brown Daily Herald
- Arbitrated insurer’s coverage dispute with healthcare company, which sought coverage for antitrust settlement.
- Advised insurer on errors and omissions coverage dispute with health insurance plan for underlying suits related to improper rescission of individual health insurance policies.
- Sought declaratory judgment on behalf of insurer in California federal court that its limits had been appropriately exhausted.
- Conducted internal insider trading investigation of private equity firm related to trading in acquisition target ahead of announcement, resulting in no action from regulators.
- Advised financial services firm on claim by dismissed former partner for additional partnership distributions.
- Advised property owner on constitutional challenge to designation of iconic property as a landmark.
- Obtained dismissal on behalf of Boston educational institution of claims by former student barred from campus for stalking faculty member.
- Advised financial institution in dispute with commercial landlord over landlord's bad faith enforcement of lease terms.
- Defended claim by international online retailer against individual executive for violation of non-competition agreement.
- Investigated potential violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act by Chinese sales associates of international pharmaceutical company.
Sara lives in Westwood with her husband and daughter. She loves cheesy ‘90s movies and baking with her 3-year-old daughter.
Before applying to law school, Sara worked as a newspaper journalist in South Texas. During law school, she interned with the Boston enforcement division of the Securities and Exchange Commission, assisting with investigations and discovery, and served as a student prosecutor with the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office in Boston.