The litigators at A&K have successfully handled countless cases in state and federal trial and appellate courts in Massachusetts and throughout the country. We have often been fortunate to be asked to argue novel, precedent-setting cases. Here are a few examples of victories in general civil litigation:
- We defended Genzyme Corporation in protracted international litigation, working with local counsel in Cyprus, and obtained from the court in Nicosia a judgment rejecting the plaintiff’s speculative claims for lost profits and statutory damages.
- We represented Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare and fended off two challenges to its compounded drug policy.
- We argued before the SJC for Tufts University in its successful defense of a claim that sought to establish a constitutional “right to hear” that could be asserted against private actors.
- We prevailed in the SJC and First Circuit for a Fidelity Investments affiliate that was alleged to have violated the moral rights of an artist who had created a “site specific” work.
- We successfully represented the Massachusetts Gaming Commission in litigation brought by the City of Boston to challenge the award of a casino license to Wynn Resorts.